Friday, March 21, 2008

Grading a Midterm

A day after proctoring a midterm I found myself grading a midterm. 8 pages. 118 questions. Nearly 300 students. You get the picture. Well, fortunately for me, I only had to grade 1 page, times just 10 questions, times about 300 tests. That's 3000 answers to grade for those who were trying to do the math in their heads. The mnemonic I used to help me remember the correct answer order is still in my head. But, I count my blessings. I could have had the page with 21 questions. In other words, 6300 answers to grade. Way to go Brendan!! Thank you students for some very colorful answers or just random thoughts scribbled on the page that broke the monotony.

I get a week reprieve before exams are handed back and my inbox fills. Until then, I'll have to come up with some fun topic to discuss next week.

No comments: