Monday, February 18, 2008

Teaching finally

Today was the day. I finally had the opportunity to provide instruction to some of the greatest minds around. Scary thought! For the next few months I will spend 3 hours every Monday teaching 2 sections of Neurobiology of Behavior. Each section is 90 minutes long and both are back-to-back. Fortunately they are in the same room so I just plant myself and hang around for 3 hours.

My first day went pretty well. I was prepared and I felt that the students wanted to learn and that always makes teaching easier. I am glad I brought a large nalgene water bottle - one of my Valentine's Day presents from Kristen. Talking for 3 hours can really dry out your throat.

I am excited for the future and look forward to facilitating the learning process for these students.

In other news I will be doing an outreach program demonstrating labs about Neuroscience and embryology. I am excited for the opportunity!

1 comment:

Grandma Lue said...

Sorry I haven't kept up with the blog, but now it's on my radar again. Your Harvard experience sounds very different from colleges where Chris has taught. Of course the students are going to be mesmerized by your teaching (I mean that in an active sense, not dazed!), 'cause you are an expert in your field and you are a great teacher---I've seen you teach before, and students love you! Keep up the good work...I'm thinking you are going to get so hooked on Harvard, that you'll want to stay there forever, and I'm not too sure I like that. Humm...I'll have to think more on that one.